Monday, May 9, 2011

My Baby Girl

                         MISS HADASSAH JOY SMITH
                               

      One year ago today my sweet baby girl was born. 

She was born on Mother's Day - such a wonderful Mother's Day gift.  She has brought so much joy to our lives.  She has a quirky personality and is a thinker.  She is always examining how things work and what other people are doing around her.  She has been a quieter baby -  for me.  


  She has kept me on my toes with how quickly she has become mobile.  She started crawling at 5 months and 3 weeks!  I have never had one crawl that early!
Now she is running around, climbing up and down the stairs, climbing into the dishwasher and generally able to get anywhere she is allowed.  ( No, she is not allowed in the dishwasher.) 


Her siblings have adored her from the start.  She is just getting to the age where she can play with them.  This is the first baby where I have felt that my oldest boys have been old enough to pick the baby up, go get her out of her bed, carry her around . . . .   That was a big adjustment for our family ( well, ok, for me ).   If I was making dinner and she started fussing by the time I washed my hands and turned around one of the boys was holding her and rocking her.  I loved seeing them bond!  I just had to work out with them that I needed baby time too.
In accordance with our "normal"  Hadassah has lived in three homes  in two states.  She has had to be without her papa for months while he was in Iraq.  Though when he came home it only took a day for her to be a daddy's girl, which is also the "normal"  : D






We have enjoyed watching Isabella have a sister to be girly with.  It is such a sweet thing to see them together especially as they start playing together more.  Isabella and I were feeling a little outnumbered before ; )


We are so thankful that she is a part of our family!!  Happy Birthday sweetie!  We Love You!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hadassah - I saw you first - snicker, snicker, snicker! There are advantages of being Grandma Twinkles and the midwife ;-)

I love you!

Momma Bug said...

AHHHHHH! Happy Birthday!
Forgive me for not knowing the day friend:-)
Did you get her ears pierced?
HOW did she get so big?!!

I miss you,
~me

Courtney said...

Analene! I know - she is so grown up already! It is hard on this mama's heart. Yes, Stephen had his way ; ) and Hadassah's ears are pierced. It is pretty adorable. I miss you too!
Love you, Courtney

dnpolite said...

GET OuT!!! your title chocolate pickles does horrible things to a pregnant women made me want one.

On another note still whenever darsel is teased about having a girlfriend he says yes I do her name is Hadassah!

Courtney said...

OH dear sister, I am sorry to torment you ; ) How are you feeling?
I am missing you! I can't wait to find out if this is another boy Polite or a little girl!
Love you, Courtney