Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Long Story Part 2

So I know you thought I forgot about our story . . .but I didn't.

After seeing Stephen for those couple days he went home to Durango and we both went about our lives.  He was doing an internship with his church and I was busy in my training.  Neither of us thought anything of our meeting because neither of us was allowed to be in a relationship where we were.  The next week he visited again and I was cooking in the kitchen ( I always asked for kitchen duty because then I would get the afternoon free and I didn't mind waking up at 5am ; ).  I smiled and hugged him and we talked on and off for the couple days he was there again.  I liked him as a friend and was attracted to him because of his confidence.   He was friendly and not at all flirtatious.  In fact when I flirted with him (being honest) I ended up feeling silly.  -- Ok I have been debating with Stephen whether to put this in or not and Stephen thinks I should and I don't :P  but only because of my pride.  The biggest thing that attracted me to Stephen at first was his disinterest.  I was used to guys attention at that time and he really wasn't awed by me.  I found it intriguing.  Wow that was like pulling teeth - so I had some character flaws obviously -- We still were strictly friends.  He came up often for a while sometimes bringing friends of his and sometimes bringing another brother of his.  Every time he came we talked.  It was almost time for me to leave for China . . .



To be continued . . . . . .
           Here are some pictures of where Stephen and I met :D









Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Momma Bug said...

I'm so glad you've gotten over those flaws.
I'd be shocked to hear you're still trying to flirt with him!!

;-D

Momma Bug said...

My laughing face just doesn't look the same in that font!

Courtney said...

Well I never did get over that but he did start flirting back a few years ago ; )

PS My wink doesn't look the same either!
Love ya

Grandma Twinkles said...

Oh, my gosh...how could anyone not fall in love on that mountain - it is so incredible! Ahhhh, young love!