Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Waiting . . . . . . . .

This morning Stephen went to the doctor appointment that we have been waiting for.  Waiting to find out what the next course of action is for our family - will we stay in the military, will he be medically discharged, will they move us to another state and change his job, will things stay the same (least likely).  I waited in anticipation for his phone call. 

Going back in time ~ 2 1/2 years ago Stephen was injured during training in North Carolina.  His shoulder socket tore so that his arm would dislocate at any time.  He was in constant pain and tried to push it to the side at first.  It was not to be though.  It continued to get worse. The injury drastically altered our lives (and was all in Gods plan)  and we quickly moved back across country to his old team and to major surgery and rehab.   A year later he was still in constant pain but his shoulder was stabilized and he was told he would always have pain.  He was deployed to Iraq (third deployment) and the kids and I moved to be with my parents for while he was gone.  While he was in Iraq he reinjured it and the damage was worse this time.  He came home early and we all moved back home to start the whole surgery/rehab over again.  We were so happy to have him home with us but so sad he was in pain.  This time the surgery was more extensive and to make sure it didn't happen again, it was made much tighter.  Stephen has very limited mobility on that side and is still in pain.  The doctor told him that when he came into the appointment today it might be time to discuss a career change.  

I waited and waited.  For the last week Stephen and I have been discussing what potential plans would be . . well if they decide this, than we will do . . . .   Stephen called and I got my report.  The doctor said in 6 - 8 weeks if there is no change than he will be sent to the Medical Board to be discharged.  That is looking very likely at the moment, though anything is possible.  We are so content with whatever God's plan is in this.  I was feeling impatient to know what the outcome will be and then I remembered that God is in control - down to the day he gets out (or doesn't).

SO, we might be out of the military in 5-6 months but for now

we are waiting . . . . . . .

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the update Courtney! Tell Stephen that we are praying and stand with you as you wait on Him! See you soon! Kimberly