Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sibling Love

One of the many things I love about having a larger family is seeing how much the kids love their siblings.  They do have their moments when they fight but for the most part they play so well together.  It has been fun to see how the girls and boys incorporate their play.  I didn't grow up with any brothers so it is new to me.  I love how this picture shows how Titus is playing with his knights and Isabella is on the other side of his Castle setting up house. :)

Ever since Isabella was born she has been the princess in every game they play.  When she was just a baby the boys would set her up in the middle of their play and she would be the princess they were protecting  . . . . or kidnapping.  They will sit down and have tea parties with her ( though I am pretty sure it has something to do with the cookies).  They are all super protective of her.  She makes me a little envious :) of having her brothers.

My oldest and my youngest (at the moment at least ;)
Another fun thing to see is the love the older ones have for the babies.  I now have little ones that are almost 10 years apart.  It doesn't seem like it.  Last night Stephen and I were discussing the fact that Caleb could easily be married before Hadassah is even a teenager!!  I think that often people that say it is not fair to the younger children to have a lot of kids have never been around larger families.  Hadassah has so many people who adore her.  She is loved on all day!  She knows it too.  The minute she needs something she will often run to a sibling and just gesture.  They pick her up and go get her a drink, a snack etc.  She will often wander from sibling to sibling joining in whatever they are doing.  They smile and hug her and most of the time include her in what they are doing.





It is amazing that Hadassah is not rolley polley.  Her brothers rivalry to be the one to feed her could be dangerous!  They do ask before they give her food. 








God's blessing of siblings is incredible.  How amazing is it to be able to see your best friends everyday!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Hello Courtney~ Thank you for stopping by and joining our family in welcoming back my handsome soldier :-)

You have a beautiful family. Love that littlest girl of yours and yes she is so incredibly loved with all those older siblings :-)

~Cinnamon

Momma Bug said...

WhaaaaaAAAAAA! You're making me cry with all that "he could be married before she's a teenager" stuff!