Saturday, July 6, 2013

Camping 2013 - part 1


We had our first camping trip of the year!
We love camping!
I think for me it feels like freedom.  I tend to be a clean nut and want things just so.  When we go camping I feel like I can more easily let it go.  I know we are going to get dirty and I don't expect us to get a lot of sleep.  Once we get out to the site whatever we forgot doesn't matter - we just make do.
We don't have property (just a green belt behind our home) and it is wonderful to see the boys run off and be boys.

Stephen grew up camping and is an Eagle Scout.  While he would like us to backpack in that is just not feasible with the amount of stuff for 9 people and the number of people who can carry it.
He does draw the line at no camping grounds though ;)


 
 
Where we go camping is in the middle of nowhere but has this fun trail that goes through the woods right from our site.
This is the dirt road we take to get into our spot.


 
 
 

Bailey rescuing Hadassah when she had taken a tumble.
Can you see the sheer joy in his face?  This is one of the reasons I love camping  - because my honey loves it and it makes him happy.
 
 
 
 

Building a bridge.
 
 
 

I have so many stories and more pictures to come.
Gabric's first camping trip.

No comments: